It can be hard for some people to live with depression to find the resources they need, but don’t forget there are more than 254 million people worldwide who feel the same but do not give up. There are many inspirational people who help young minds suffering through depression. Reading uplifting quotes and listening uplifting music with good lyrics always help you cheer up.
- David Mitchell in this first quote literally said that everyone has a bit of depression, which doesn’t make you different, infact it just means you’re a human
“You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.”
- The biggest boy group in the world right now, BTS has many inspirational lyrics in their song and has helped many people through bad times. One of their songs “Louder than bombs” tells us to overcome our fear
I want to tell you, that darkness
Exists everywhere, don’t be afraid of it
Whatever night may swallow me, I won’t give up
The fight for you, we’ll shinelouder than bombs, map of thr soul 7, BTS BigHit Entertainment
- Confucius told us to get up again stronger every time we get shattered.
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” —Confucius
- Spring Dayㅡ one of the best songs from BTS has a lyrics in it which says pain isn’t permanent
The morning will come again No darkness, no season is eternal
- People lose hope when they’re depressed but John Green said
“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.”
- Kim Namjoon, from the worldwide sensational group BTS told to speak rather than keeping our emotions inside and dying everyday a little by little in the UN speech of 2018
“No matter who you are, where you’re from, your skin colour, gender identity: speak yourself”.
- Jean de La Fontaine quoted that sadness isn’t permanent and disappears if you forget about it
“Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”
- This is a great quote by Leroy Satchel Paige, tells to always find a plan B for our problems
“Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way.”
- As much as we must always have a Plan B with us, BTS in their song “Not Today” said to have a plan C with us too, incase anything goes out of hand
“If you can’t fly, then run
Today we will survive
If you can’t run, then walk
Today we will survive
If you can’t walk, then crawl”
- There is one more rising K-pop group named ATEEZ whose actual meaning is A-teenager-Z. They write songs for teenagers going through hardships and difficulties. In one of their songs which is Sunrise, they said that there is no need to take things fast. Just like if you’re depressed it doesn’t mean you will get through it soon, but someday you will surely make through it
❝CAUSE IN LIFE, SOMETIMES WE NEED A HELPING HAND
YOU’LL BE ALRIGHT, JUST TAKE IT SLOW, ONE DAY AT A TIME.❞
- This quote is by an anonymous author, but it is just so amazing and overpowering and tells people that everything is possible after failing.
“The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.”
- The former British Boy Band One Direction also has written inspirational lyrics and talked great things in their interview, but the one line of a song which always opens up my eyes is “Through the Dark”. The whole song is inspiring but these lines are the most healing.
“When the night is coming down, we will find a way through the dark”
This song tells and gives us faith that there is still something left out of the dark which we must rise
- There is one more similar line quoted by Madeleine L’Engle which tells us that there is still hope amidst of the darkness and despair.
“Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.”
- Helen Keller, the lady who outraged everyone with her knowledge, she could not see and hear since birth but she could make through it cause she believed in herself. Despite of her being lonely and quiet all the time she used words as her power and wrote something inspiring, all the time
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.”
- This unknown writer wrote about happiness, that you must find happiness all by yourself. No one is going to make eternal happiness for you
“The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything: they just make the best of everything they have.”
- There is an other very inspirational song of BTS named as “2!3!” speaks about leaving your fears behind and moving on with life.
“Erase all sad memories. Hold each other’s hands and smile.”
- Zayn Malik, the former One Direction member said this during the days when he was in the band active. He basically referred this to the people who couldn’t move on, or wake up from the depression
“There’s so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on"
- Willie Nelson once said
“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.”
- Robin Sharma said this for a positive way
“Impossible is just an opinion, don’t buy it.”
- Matt Lucas quoted this to fight depression and anxiety
“Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy”
20. Park Jimin from BTS has always been motivating himself my telling himself a phrase back to back, he has even spoke about this in interviews when they are mostly asked questions like this, the quote which keeps him going is
“Jimin you nice, keep going”
21. The last and the most important quote is to love yourself, quoted by Kim Namjoon from BTS, he said
“I have come to love myself for who I am, for who I was, and for who I hope to become.”